If there’s one thing this year taught me, it’s you shouldn’t sleep through New Year celebrations. I sulked in my room, embittered about how the world celebrates when I was miserable over the Lang Leav love I could never have. 2016 started sad and it had been challenging since. Maybe believing how you start the year defines how the next twelve months go is a form of superstition, but I’m determined to leave all the bad vibes of 2016 behind and start 2017 in an exciting, happy, and positive note.
So here’s my 2016 roundup:
- My presidential candidate didn’t win. (-)
- My vice presidential bet did win. (+)
- Had my article published on Inquirer’s Youngblood. Dream come true! (++)
- Found out Possible One True Love had a girlfriend all along and his girlfriend was pregnant. (-)
- Finished an original song for POTL. (+)
- Sir Danny died. (-)
- Celebrated Inoo’s 7th birthday! (+++)
- Ate Tin came home from Jeddah. (++)
- Got duped by Church Boy. (–)
- Finished another original song. This time, for CB. (+)
- Made lots of poems. (+)
- Ferdinand Marcos was buried at the Libingan ng mga Bayani. (———- to infinity and beyond)
- Spent Christmas with my family in Cebu. (++)
And here are the goals for 2017:
- Complete reverse 52-week money challenge.
- Visit 10 museums.
- Visit 10 churches.
- Go on a solo non-business trip.
- Join a vegan cooking class.
- Organize a charity event.
- 52 blog entries.
- Have braces.
- Pay off credit card debt.
- Join a contest.
- Get published.
- Read 12 books.
- Go cruelty-free on at least one non-food area.
- Perfect a vegan and gluten-free cake recipe.
- Get passport.
- Achieve bikini body and wear a two-piece at the beach.
- Eat at a vegan restaurant and do a comprehensive review on blog.
Good luck to me and a have a blessed 2017 ahead, everybody!